Free Code Audit For Flutter Project
When you see the title you must think that this is a click bait, otherwise it is too good to be true, right? Is there any catch? It is Better Code Initiative run by me to raise the awareness on code quality matters among stakeholders of computerized systems/apps and IT projects, not just developers.
It is inspired by a conversation between a Flutter developer and I on the subject of code quality as in my opinion “Most businesses don’t care about code quality until their application or system crashed in the production environment”. I hope you prove me wrong if you are a business stakeholder who is reading the article. By the way, if you care about code quality, your engineering team members will put priority on the quality of codes they wrote, which in turn will improve the overall health and robustness of your application or system.
You can adopt the best practices of writing code used internally at Google for free with 3 steps:
- Add the pedantic package to the dev_dependencies of the pubspec.yaml file of your Flutter project before you write the first line of code, for example pedantic: ^1.11.0 at the time of writing.
- Add a analysis_options.yaml file to the root directory of your Flutter project with the following line: include: package:pedantic/analysis_options.yaml
- Your IDE such as Visual Studio Code will report the code issues automatically or you can see the list of code issues by execute the flutter analyze in the command line.
If you still not sure how to do it, you can check out the offer I will audit the code quality of your flutter projects for free at Fiverr. I will generate a report for your Flutter project including:
- Summary of number of code analysis/linting issues and null safety issues
- List of code analysis/linting issues and null safety issues
- Cost of fixing the issues reported
You can see the sample report below:
If you need helping hands to fix the coding issues and improving the code quality of your Flutter project, please feel free to contact me.
Hear from you soon! :)
Originally published at http://limcheekin.blogspot.com/2021/06/free-code-audit-for-flutter-project.html.